Friday 7 December 2007

Day 144

I am pleased to say that I had a relatively successful day yesterday. I did the elliptical trainer for an hour, my water consumption is almost back on target, and though my calorie intake was a little high, I had no chocolate. Yeah!!!!

Thank you for all your wonderful comments. They were very helpful and they made me feel sooooooooo much better and much more determined to take control of the situation and stop the slide into the black abyss. A burden shared is definitely a burden lightened.

When I read a new commenter Half Man share that he continued to run in Michigan in winter and I thought about another blogger Tracy who does the same thing in Chicago (both on the other side of frosty Canada) I went out to the patio and got on that elliptical trainer immediately. How's that for inspiration? When I was on it, it was so easy to do and felt so good that I couldn't believe I had been avoiding it?

With all the talk about winter blues and the importance of light (and exercise) I thought I'd make a little ticker to count down going home for Christmas. I was born and grew up in Barbados and though I have now lived outside Barbados longer than I have lived in Barbados, I consider it my emotional/psychological home.

I am really looking forward to seeing my family again and soaking up some of that sun.



B - 350
250/8 oz yogurt- 245
1 banana - 105
16 oz/470ml H2O

4 comments:

  1. Go Girl!!

    Doesnt it feel wonderful, and after awhile you get over the cold and more into your workout!

    Congrats and keep up the good work, and thanks for the encouraging words - I'm trying to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, Nona!!! If you're from Barbados, no wonder the mist and gloom of England affect you!!! Get thee a light box ASAP - and keep up the exercise! I love doing it in cold weather - no sweating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad my post helped. That's what it's all about, learning from eachother.

    Re your comment ... no I'm not beating bill yet. He's 100g lighter ... which i think is just under 1/4 pound. Next week I should be in the lead!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you haven't skipped a beat! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?