Monday 18 February 2008

Day 71

Man life is gooooood right now!!! LOL!!! And do you know why it is sooooooooo good? Because SPRING IS ON ITS WAY!!!

The downside of English weather is the damp and the short grey days in fall/winter, BUT the upside is definitely the lengthening days that accompany Spring and signal Summer. Okay, so they're not always long, warm sunny days, but I'm just glad they're long.

I have a few classes that end at 4 and 5pm and in January when I ended them it was pitch black outside. NOW, when I finish them it is grey outside, I can't tell you how HAPPY that makes me. This morning it was light grey at 7am and I smiled so hard I almost cracked my face. LOL!!! And during the day ... it has been sunny for the past three or four days. Can you imagine? I am just bouncing off the walls here.

Anyway, on to food issues. I have now been abstinent from carbs and sugars for 22 days. Yeah!!! But I have to admit here that I have not been exercising consistently: no tango, no tennis, very little elliptical trainer. Today, I will go for a long walk in the sun with my honey (he doesn't know this yet) and now that my mood has shifted it's time for me to get back to the things that I love because I've noticed that for me to really move my weight, it's not enough for me to eat well, I need lots of exercise ... well just 1/2 hr on the elliptical would help tremendously and I have no excuse since I have the elliptical trainer sitting on my patio overlooking the garden waiting for me to hop on.

B
1 apple
120 g yogurt
15 g tvp

L
60 g cheese
120 g beets
240 g salad
1 tbls. dressing

D
120 g fish
240 courgette
360 g salad
1 tbls butter
2 tbls. dressing

5 comments:

  1. The exercise bit should be a lot easier now that you feel so good! We spent all day yesterday outside working in the yard - it looks great!

    22 days... have you gotten on a scale recently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always feels so weird to hear of people commenting about january days being short and dark when that for us is the middle of summer.

    Here I am complaining about it getting darker (sunrise not until just before 7ish) and you in glee about the same thing ... very bizare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's actually light here (not daylight, but light) when I wake up, which feels amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?