Sunday 10 February 2008

Day 79

Had a really nice day. It was my honey's birthday and I gave him breakfast in bed with a lovely peach rose in a vase on his tray along with his gift (a voucher for an art class). Then I baked him a pineapple upside-down cake which looked and smelled divine when it came out of the oven.




In the afternoon I took him to an art exhibition called Laughing in a Foreign Language at the Hayward Gallery. After that we walked to Chinatown for the celebration of the Chinese New Year. Of all the Chinatowns I've seen, I like London's Chinatown the most. It covers a tiny area, but it is really lovely and looked even more so decorated with red and gold lanterns for the New Year.

I got my honey a beautiful little red and gold dragon made from cardboard and paper - which he was quite amused by. We watched the fireworks (which were really loud and smoky but not very impressive) and then went to see a movie.

We saw No Country For Old Men. WOW!!! A very scary violent movie which kept me on the edge of my seat for the first hour and some, but delivered no climax and just seemed to peter out. I think I kind of understood the point the Coen Brothers film was trying to make but I'm not sure it worked for me. It wasn't a great movie but there were definitely some great moments in it. We decided to cancel our dinner reservation after the movie and just head back home and relax. I had my dinner and James had his birthday cake. He said it was deeeeeeeelicious. I wouldn't know because I didn't have any. Wasn't even tempted. Oh happy day!!!

B
240 g pineapple
30g milk
165 g yogurt
30 g soynuts

L
60 g cheese
120 g beets
240 g salad
1 tbls. dressing

D
60 g cheese
30 g wheatgerm
360 g salad
3 tbls. mayo

1 comment:

  1. Weren't even tempted? Wow - that's great!!!!! Since I've had to give up the sugar, I've experienced the same thing and from this distance, it seems odd to me that it used to drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?