Tuesday 13 May 2008

Lately, I haven't felt like blogging. Can't explain why. Every time I thought about writing it just felt like too much effort. It hasn't helped that I have been super busy.

I quickly found out though, that not blogging poses a danger to my staying on track. My food, exercise and water intake have been patchy ... sometimes disastrous and obviously I haven't been happy with that.

On the other hand, I have been feeling quite happy with my life. Last week the sun began to shine in London and the weather turned warm and balmy. London is the kind of city that needs the sun. It transforms the place ... somewhat.

James and I did some spring cleaning and spring planting on Saturday, had a friend over on Sunday and it was so beautiful we were able to have our lunch out on the patio.

This morning I did half and hour on the elliptical trainer and then lifted some free weights. Think I'll begin to post my food again starting tomorrow.

Thanks to you all for your kind words and encouragement. I will press on as must you.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand this all too well. Spring fever? Or is it just a relaxation of the brain that doesn't want to to any more than it has to?

    I've been toying with the idea of a break myself. I am dealing with some things that do not lend themselves to family-style blogging (though I do blog about it on a "secret" blog). It takes a lot of energy and I feel like my creativity has been drained - I sit and stare at the screen and it takes forever for something to come out.

    I will resist the urge though. Part of keeping up the blog is accountability to myself (and you!).

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?