Monday 29 March 2010

I've employed a new strategy in my battle to regain 55kgs. Warning: it's somewhat controversial and I'm not recommending it or saying it's the best or smartest strategy but of all the ones out there in the world to choose from, this is the one I've decided to invest my energy in.

I've dividing the losing of the weight and the maintaining of the weight into two separate categories.

Phase 1: With the help of my doctor I'm doing an extreme plan aimed at bringing my weight off sooner rather than later. I'm not going to talk about it yet because it's quite controversial, but I promise that I will share the details when and if I succeed in reaching 55kgs.

Phase 2: My doctor thinks phase 1 will help me lose weight, but she thinks that in order to keep it off I need to implement phase 2 which requires that I use my time during phase 1 to work on "fixing my head". Hmmmm!!! She is a big advocate of the idea that problems with diet/exercise start in the head and manifest in the body. So though she's helping me address the body directly, she's more concerned that I "fix my head" (as she puts it) and how does she propose I do this? Cognitive therapy and/or hypnosis are her recommendations. I'm game for anything that would protect me from regain if and when I lose so I'm investigating and will keep you posted.

For now though I have lost 5.5 kgs. over the past two weeks which is probably more than I've lost in the past 5 years. So far so good.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you're successful in fixing both your body and your head. And that whatever it is you're doing isn't too dangerous (that controversial word got my attention). Hypnosis can do a lot of good. It got me to finally quit smoking 6 years ago. Perhaps it will help you with your weight loss/maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your endeavours....it is a head thing this diet/exercise stuff...will follow your blog with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting rid of the 5.5 kgs. Cognitive therapy sounds very worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so curious and can't wait to find out what you're doing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs. B, congrats on the 5.5 loss! I'm excited for you, and I'm a real fan of the doctor's advice. I'm currently in the head-fixing phase my own self! Thanks for the kindness, too. It's much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I wish you the best with both your phases.

    I've decided to take my weight-loss slow, losing around 2 pounds per week, although I know that I can lose 5 pounds per week. For me, I've never been thin so I want to go slow to slowly transition my body and my brain. I should be at my ideal weight by mid December. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey good luck on your new phase plans. Thanks for visting my blog. Happy Easter..

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?