Wednesday 26 September 2007

Day 215

Okay, I'm writing this post from a booth on the street because I decided not to bring my laptop after all. How cool is it that I can walk up to a booth on the street and send an email or surf the web. I'll take plenty of pictures and upload them when I get home so that you can see how it works. I'm loving Vienna. We have had a wonderful day sightseeing. Tomorrow I will be going to another hotel for my conference and leaving James to hang out on his own Thursday and Friday. So for my food, I just dived right into the dessert this afternoon. But I took Livy's advice and shared with James and I ate really really slowly.It was fucking GOOD.
It's called a Kardinalschnitte. It looks really big I know, but that's just because I am so close to it.

So here's my Food

Breakfast- 20 nuts & 4 dried apricots

Lunch - 1 bowl of vegetable soup & dessert

Dinner -Mushroom appetiser & fish,spinach & potato main course.

I am well aware that I am get more calories than I normally would because I am eating in restaurants. So I am walking my butt off. Yes, Sayre I am walking and walking. This afternoon James made me climb 400 spiral steps to the top of a cathedral tower. I thought I was going to die, but in the end though I could barely walk I felt better that I got a good workout. I'm going back to the hotel now. Hopefully, I can stay on longer tomorrow and visit a few of you. Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.

5 comments:

  1. yay! I am more than happy to be a help! I have had so much help so far, and I am happy to share what I am learning on this long journey. I can't WAIT to see photos of Vienna!! Any chance of a picture of you, so we know what you look like?
    By the way, your last comment on my blog was so beautiful, I really enjoyed it, hence the post today is really dedicated to you my friend! I would love to get to know you better, or at least learn your first name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for all the walking! If you keep doing it, you can justify a dessert or two.

    I went to Washington DC for a conference and stayed an extra day for sightseeing. I literally walked for 7 hours straight. Then went back to my room and collapsed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Post photos! Eat some local cuisine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same happens whenever I go to Las Vegas. I lose a lot of weight there. Sure, the all you can eat buffets are delicious, but all of that walking always helps. Glad you are having a good time. I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a blast!!! We love pictures ... yeah show us what you look like!!!! *smile*

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?