Tuesday 18 September 2007

Day 224

Quote for Today:

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance." H. Jackson Brown

I'm up much too late, so this is just going to be a fast check in to say that today marks the beginning of the 4th week that I have been on my program without deviation. A lot of emotions are coming up for me, and it's really interesting that in staying in the discomfort instead of reaching for my "drug" to numb myself, the feelings pass without me eating over them. This weekend I remembered something I learnt in OA. They said that compulsive eaters have to learn not to get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired as these trigger the compulsion to overeat. Speaking of which ... I'm tired.

B - 406
1 cup of yogurt - 260
1 cup of pineapple - 103
1 tbls of agave - 43

L- 311
140 g tofu - 201
2 cups of soup- 110

D - 175
1veggie sausages = 60
3 cups mixed vegetables - 115


S - 303
1 cup of yogurt - 263
1 tbls. of agave - 43
Calories - 1197
Exercise - 35 minutes elliptical trainer & upper body weights
4 cups of water - seem stuck here

2 comments:

  1. So... you went to bed, right? And not to the cupboard for oreos? Good for you!

    I'm trying to teach my son to drink a glass of water whenever he feels hungry and then wait five minutes. If he's still hungry, it might really be hunger (he's a very rapidly growing boy, but a little overweight). He's taken it to heart and does that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I went to bed, but just reading the word oreos made me want to rush out, buy a large pack and a carton of milk, lock myself in a closet and eat until I pass out. LOL!!! See how sick I am? Luckily it is very hard to find oreos in England.

    Very good advice you have given your son. I use to have a nutritionist who told me that thirst is often confused with hunger. She use to try to get me to drink water all day long because she said that would help to burn calories, not to mention flush the toxins out of my system and make me feel full. Still struggling with that one.

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?