Saturday 24 November 2007

Day 156

Screeeeeeech ... that's my life coming to a halt. I woke up at 5am this morning to a killer pain in my abdomen and before I knew what was happening I had thrown up the contents of my stomach, last night's delicious dinner, in my bed. Yuuuuuuuck!!!! Not a good time to discover that my mattress pad is NOT waterproof. Bloody Hell!!!

My life for the past 10 hours has been an orgy of pain and every time I tried to drink even a tablespoon of water, out it came spewing from both ends of my body with a force and intensity that would make one think I'd swallowed the Nile. I know "once a man and twice a child" but I thought I had some years to go yet before I started crapping on myself again.

We called the medical hotline and apparently there is a vomit and diarrhea bug making its rounds through London. GREAT!!! The cure is rest and plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Kind of hard to do Lady, when every time I drink it causes severe cramps and projectile vomiting, not to mention ....

My honey went to the pharmacy and secured a miracle drug for me. You stick it under your front lip and it dissolves slowly and dissipates the nausea and vomiting. I've just woken up and am testing the waters again ... pun intended ... and low and behold minimal pain and no vomiting.

Now I have to try to down 8 - 12 cups of water over the rest of the day, to flush my system and rehydrate my body.

Did I mention I'm STARVING!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh girlie. Sorry to hear that you are feeling so terrible. I feel your pain - when you used the words "orgy of pain" - I figure that you are in serious pain. :) You take care of yourself!! Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Honey!

    I feel for you - that is a nasty one! That one goes around the office once every two years, and it usually lasts about 24 hours.

    Like Christine says, get plenty of rest!

    Hope you are back on your feet soon!

    BTW - love the new design!! Who does your pedicure? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that kind of sick. It's hard to sleep because you don't know if there's going to be an explosion or not, and eating is out of the question...

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you poor thing!! I HATE vomiting bugs with a vengence! Would much rather be in severe pain than to feel nausea!

    The bizarre thing is that while you're on the other side of the world to us there is also a vomiting bug going around here too! My son threw up in bed last night and our staff member went home with nausea at lunchtime today.

    I'm trying so hard not to get it, steralising my hands, wearing rubber gloves when washing the clothes, hanging washing out. yucky!!

    Hope your over it soon chickey!!

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?