Friday 23 November 2007

Day 157

One of my new blogging buddies Tracy, asked me: "Do you find yourself obsessing about this whole weight loss thing? I catch and stop myself from making it a focal point of my conversations ...."

Well I usually avoid the subject completely. Essentially, I give myself this whole blogging thing to obsess about weight loss. As you'll have notice, I write almost exclusively about my weight loss/health issues here and all of the blogs I link to focus on weight loss.

What I do here gives me the strength, courage and support to stay on track with my goal of eating well, exercising and thus bring my weight down to a acceptable level, but in the rest of my life I DO NOT talk about weight loss issues other than with my doctor and my honey.

I just don't find endless conversations about diets and weight loss etc. stimulating. Never have. If someone says, "have you lost weight?" I say, "maybe a little" and change the subject really quickly. I just don't want my whole life to become about my body and what's happening with it ... I don't like to be the center of attention in that way. If someone is overweight and is asking because they may want to know what's working for me I would just refer them to this blog and set up a specific time to talk more if they wanted to later.

In person you are more likely to hear me talking about hardcore socio-political issues than weight loss, but on the other hand, it is very unlikely you would see posts about socio-political issues here.

B - 450
1 banana - 60
50 g dried fruit - 82
113 g soymilk - 65
52 g oatmeal - 200
1 tbls. agave - 43
16 oz/470ml H2O

S - 245
250/8 oz yogurt- 245
16 oz/470ml H2O

L - 354
2 oz cheese - 228
3 cups cauliflower - 126

D - 403
141 g fish- 280
3 cups of salad - 21
1 tbls. butter - 102
16oz/470ml H2O

Calories - 1452
Exercise - 1 hour on the elliptical trainer
H2O - 64 oz/1.9 liters

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it is different for women, but I find that nobody wants to talk to a fat guy about losing weight. I rarely mention it to anyone, but on the few occasions that I have, it seems like the audience is very small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting topic!! I too am a bit like you in that I don't talk much about my weightloss outside of my blog. I use my blog as my 'skite and bitch' place. I don't hide the fact that I'm trying to lose weight but I certainly don't start conversations about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nona!

    Thanks for the other point of view!!

    Unlike Iron and Lyn, I work with folks that are food and weight obsessed so that is a topic that I am faced with daily!! It is very easy to get sucked in!

    Plus, we all compliment each other on the littlest things - they are so sweet - so about 10 times aday you are talking about weight and body image!

    I do admit, I love the attention, but it can be maddening sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?