Friday 16 November 2007

Day 164 - The Perfect Day

I recognise that schedules get disrupted but I have not exercised in 1 WEEK , and I feel it.


I can tell that I haven't been losing weight over the past two week because my clothes are fitting much the same. I know my body very well. I need to keep my calorie intake around 1300 a day, day in day out and I need to get at least 30 minutes concentrated aerobic exercise 5 day per week to lose at 1-2 lbs per week steadily. Well when I look at my records for the month of November, I have been all over the place with food and exercise. Of course, living in a city and not having a car means that I move quite a bit when I am out and about. Many tube stops here are way way way way underground and though most of them have escalators I always take the stairs or run up and down the escalators. Still that's not enough. I need at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity to lose weight, so a week without exercising just WILL NOT DO.

As I have said before, I just hate gyms. I'm not knocking them for other people. I am not a "one size fit all" kind of gal. I understand that different things work for different people, and some people do extremely well in gyms and I say "YEAH" to that but, I have never been one of those people.

I have belonged to three gyms in my life and always ended up locked into year long memberships which I do not use or use scantily because I hate the feeling of "boring sweaty factory dronedom claustrophobia" I experience in a gym. The only time I have done well with exercise is when I could mold it to my lifestyle and for me that means get it out of the way first thing in the morning, shower and be done and ready to start my day.

So we have ... or actually my honey has put together the elliptical trainer which came in two box of a million bits and here it is: Tadaaaaaa. Tried it out this morning. It sways a little from side to side-definitely not as stable as those in the gym but moves just as well as they do. It has 12 levels, a panel will information like calories burned, speed, miles covered and time, also has little sensors to check your heart rate. For a couple of months of gym membership definitely forth the cost and convenience.

B - 404
1 banana - 60
50 g dried fruit - 82
150 ml soymilk - 62
52 g oatmeal - 200
16 oz/470ml H2O

My new breakfast obsession:
I am trying to go through my meals one by one and create a few combinations for each that I can rely on which are nutritionally dense and fall within my calorie limits. I am making breakfast my most calorie dense meal of the day. I love this breakfast. It is very nutritious, delicious and satisfying.

S
250/8 oz yogurt- 245
16 oz/470ml H2O
I love yogurt. This one is a new discovery and I am deeply in love with it. Notice it says wholemilk. I DO NOT DO no-fat or low-fat yogurt and I have normal cholestrol levels to prove it.

L - 224
1 veggie burger - 132
1 cup of carrots - 52
1 cup broccoli - 40
16oz/470ml H2O
I chopped up the veggie burger and use a couple squirts of olive oil spray (claims to be 1 calorie per squirt) to sautee it with an onion. I lightly steamed 1 cup of carrots and 1 cup of broccoli and seasoned afterwards with a little black pepper. I eat a lot of vegetables for their vitamins and minerals but also they fiber/carbohydrate content.

D - 370
2 oz cheese - 202
1 cup of brussel sprouts - 65
1 cup sweet pepper - 39
1 cup eggplant & onions - 64
16oz/470ml H2O
Calories - 1243
Exercise - 11kilometers/6 miles on the elliptical trainer
H2O - 64 oz

4 comments:

  1. Nona, may I say this is your BEST POST EVER. I LOVE the photos. I love what you have written and and shared with us. Those meals look just delicious! Gee that man of yours is clever isn't he?? I can't wait until next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - Nona back on track! I'm glad you are enjoying your eliptical (and that your honey was patient enough to put it together).

    You food looks great! I love oatmeal and applesauce on cold mornings (yes, we do have them in Florida - I'm in NORTH Florida, haha) and I love, love, love brussel sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact you are in tune with your body and know what suits you amd what you what you need to do.

    Your new Eliptical look great and I would love toget some equipment, we just don't have the room. I'm going to try your oatmeal as like you it's one of my fav's nad I'm definately a breakfast person.

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?