I had a birthday last week and since then I've been contemplating age in various ways. What do you see in this picture on the left? The young woman or the old woman? A shift of perspective can open a whole new world.
Speaking of whole new world ... a teenager said something to me the other day which made me think, 'Gosh Nona, you know you are getting old when ...' That started a whole investigation into endings which relate specifically to my life.
You know you are getting old when:
- You've never seen a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes and you don't care.
- You don't get the whole handbag craze thing.
- Your partner is 13 years younger than you are and you aren't breaking any laws.
- Your favourite music is considered old school.
- You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
- You notice an additional band of fat around your already thick waist that you could swear wasn't there before.
- Your late night ends at 11pm.
- You have more patience because you just don't care anymore.
- You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
- There's nothing left to learn the hard way.