Sunday 16 March 2008

Day 44

School 's out!!! Yeah baby!!! Time to get up to mischief ... well, actually not quite yet. I still have a s_ _t load of paperwork to do. I'll try to get that finished this morning and then I have to clean up the house and pack and hopefully I can have an easy Monday morning before we fly out in the afternoon.

I've gotten some good exercise everyday this week, either on my elliptical trainer or brisk walking. I'm really seeing that if I add an extra 1/2 hr to my commuting time then I can incorporate a lot more walking. For example, instead of taking the bus to the tube, I can walk to the tube and that walk which would probably take me 1/2 hour would be a great way to increase my exercise on a daily basis.

In other news, it is so wonderful to see the buds appearing on some trees and opening on others. Someone has planted a magnolia tree in their garden at the front of the building. It's a saucer magnolia. The flowers bloom way before the tree even has any leaves and it always excites me to see the large pink petals appearing and opening up because it's one more signal that Spring is on it's way. Of course you wouldn't know that by the weather but I'm not complaining at least the days are longer.


Food for today:

B
16 oz/470ml H2O
60 g cheese
1 apple
16 oz/470ml H2O

L
120 g fish
120 g beets
240 g salad
1 tbs dressing
16 oz/470ml H2O

D
210 g yogurt
15 g soy nuts
30 g wheat germ
360 g salad
3 tbs dressing
16 oz/470ml H2O

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the longer days as well. Winter and I don't get along. I have the same slow cooker recipe book as you. I don't know why I don't use my slowcooker more often - its such a useful tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get all your crappy paperwork done quickly.

    Have a great time on your African jaunt, I look forward to hearing of your adventures.

    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, paperwork... I hope you got that done in a tic and are ready to ENJOY your day before travel!

    Good for you for getting all that exercise! I need to pick it up again - my knee injury has been kicking my butt lately. Think it's been all this rain.

    ReplyDelete

What's it all about Alfie?